I’ve wanted to take things back in the day and use my recipe box to find dinner ideas instead of pinterest. Even though to be totally fair, Pinterest is another tab on my browser as I type this ; ). I am always spending time online its easy to forget the hand written things. Anyways, I grabbed a classic from my mom, Garlic Shrimp pasta.
It’s so easy to make…Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- 1 can condensed chicken brother
- 1/2 c water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 bag medium shrimp, cooked — you can use as much shrimp as you would like, 1/2 a bag is enough for us
- 4 c hot cooked spaghetti
- In small bowl stir together broth, water, and cornstarch until smooth; set aside.
- In skillet over medium heat add oil, garlic, lemon peel, red pepper and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Gradually add broth mixture to skillet cook until mixture boils and thickens stirring constantly. Add shrimp when mixture is thick until heated through.
- Toss with spaghetti
So I was going to do another re-cap of the meals I did last week but Thursday our meal plan fell apart and it’s because I realized we were would have been having some sort of pasta for the FOURTH time so I said screw it and we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for .70 wings.
I am so sore from yesterday’s workout. It’s the same workout from this post. I tried to keep my first mile of just running at or slightly faster than my timed mile. Is it weird that my legs turn over faster after I do a set of squats/lunges?
Shadow side lunges for the win. Total for the workout 2 miles 19:55, 165 squats (sumo, regular, sumo pulses) and 180 lunges (standing, walking, side). Hopefully step class today will shake them out and not leave me feeling more sore.
When I got home Rylee had a new trick to show me.
I may have appeared to have been climbing trying to open the blinds, but when she was ready to get down she just slid right down. Here’s to hoping it was a one time cute thing
Summer is trying to hold on a couple more days. It was so nice so we spent the evening playing outside and grilling some hamburgers. These are the parts of summer I will miss.
Today is suppose to be another beautiful day. I’m going to try and flip flop things around today I have someone coming to inspect the furnace during Rylee’s normal nap time.